We’ve got a brain scratcher for you:
When was the last time you did something different? When was the last time you did something that excited you? And I mean REALLY got you pumped. Something that filled your whole body with adrenaline, fear, and pleasure? How about the last time you did something for YOU just because? Can you recall the last time that you tried to inquire a new skill or shall we dare say.. stepped outside your comfort zone?
As children, we’re natural risk-takers. But as we get older and learn to fear failure, we start holding ourselves back and attempting fewer new things.
The best personal growth comes from the moment we are focused out of our comfort zone. That is why we encourage all our Aztec Recreation members take a risk and try some of the ENS/ Credit Classes. From salsa dancing, rock climbing, to that surfing class you’ve been dying to try since your freshman year, we highly encourage you to wait no longer. A great way to break you out of your mundane routine is to do something you’ve never done before, or try something you’ve never tried. Wake your brain up and tell it that you’re not just here to go through the motions. You’re here for a purpose! Break out of routine and fall in love with a new hobby.
DRUM-ROLL please! The list of our ENS/ Credit classes is finally here.
We are especially excited to announce some of our newest class additions this fall semester highlighted in red. Did we forget to mention.. You get CLASS CREDIT for the ENS classes?!
- Half Marathon Training
- Beginning & Intermediate Basketball
- Beginning & Intermediate Soccer
- Beginning & Intermediate Bowling
- Beginning & Intermediate Volleyball
- Beginning & Intermediate Tennis
- Beginning & Intermediate Weight Training
- Intermediate & Advanced Swim Fitness
- Functional Fitness Training
- Fitness Training for Women
- Progressive Pilates
- Pilates Yoga Fusion
- Group Fitness Fundamentals
- Yoga Inversions
- Restorative Yoga and Breathwork
- Self Defense for Women
- Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced Judo
- Tae Kwon Do
- Jiu Jitsu
- Ballroom Dance
- Salsa Dance
- Beginning & Intermediate Hip Hop
- Lindy Hop
- Rock Climbing
- River Canoeing
- Sea Kayaking
- Stand Up Paddling
- Stand Up Paddling Yoga
Steps to register:
1. Login onto webportal.
2. Search for classes under Exercise and Nutrition Science (ENS) lists.
3. Register for class and time slot that works best.
4. A syllabus will be sent to your email regarding further details.
Article by: Reyanne Mustafa