Marking the turning point between Fall and Winter, Halloween remains both an exciting and terrifying holiday in the United States. As children, we counted down the days until the big night each year when we could put on our scariest Frankenstein mask or our sparkliest ballerina tutu and run door to door, filling our pillowcases with sweets. Unfortunately, it would be extremely awkward for most adults to rock their greatest costume and ‘Trick-or-Treat’ alongside all the pre-teens this year.
Need some new ideas to bring out your inner (and grown-up) ghost this Halloween? Don’t fret (yet), San Diego has a variety of scary surprises in store for the community for the entire month of October!
- Haunted Trail of Balboa Park ($15 Sunday – Thursday, $17 Friday and Saturday)
- The Haunted Hotel in the Gaslamp District ($15 Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday, $17 Friday and Saturday)
- Haunted San Diego Ghost Tour ($35 Thursday – Monday)
- Monster Manor in Mira Mesa ($13, advance purchase recommended)
- October at the Whaley House in Historic Old Town SD (prices & events vary each day)
- Halloween at the Birch Aquarium ($17 at the door, save $2 online)
- Oceanside Dia De Los Muertos ($5 – $10, date TBD)
- Halloween Bash at Seaport Village (Saturday October 27th)
By: Kayla Heaviside