If you are having trouble sticking to your workout program, the Mayo Clinic offers these tips to stay motivated:
1) Set Goals: start with simple goals and then progress to longer-range goals. Keep goals simple, attainable and realistic. Find your workout gear, throw your shoes in your gym bag, get your workout clothes together, pack your i-pod, call your workout buddy – all this prevents any roadblocks from stopping you.
2) Start Slowly: if you push yourself too hard at first, you may be forced to abandon your program due to pain and/or an injury.
3) Think Variety: vary your activities to reduce boredom. Alternate group exercise classes, swimming, weight training, rock climbing and bowling with the many other activities available through your ARC membership.
4) Have Fun: you are more likely to stick to a program if you are enjoying yourself. If you are not having fun, try something new. Visit our web site at http://arc.sdsu.edu for more information.
5) Make Physical Activity Part of Your Daily Routine: do not fall back on excuses as to why you cannot come visit the ARC, racquetball, or Aztec Aquaplex. Schedule your workouts just as you would an important class or visit with friends.